Musky anglers, this new law means we can trail live bait (sucker)behind a boat, while casting with another rod on all Wisconsin lakes (only 1 and max. 2 per boat in listed waters).
"One key goal of the proposal, sought by musky anglers, was to legalize the practice of trailing live bait behind a boat, while casting with another rod. Under current rules(before July 1, 2015), trailing a sucker or other minnow behind the boat while under power, however briefly, is considered trolling in counties that do not allow trolling.."
Inland Waters - 3 hooks, baits or lures per angler
- All waters of the following counties: (Green) Adams, Ashland, Barron, Bayfield, Brown, Buffalo, Burnett, Calumet, Chippewa, Clark, Columbia, Crawford, Dane, Dodge, Douglas, Dunn, Eau Claire, Forest, Grant, Green, Green Lake, Iowa, Jefferson, Juneau, Kenosha, Kewaunee, La Crosse, Lafayette, Langlade, Manitowoc, Marinette, Monroe, Oconto, Outagamie, Pepin, Pierce, Polk, Portage, Price, Racine, Richland, Rock, Rusk, Sauk, Shawano, St. Croix, Taylor, Trempealeau, Vernon, Walworth, Washburn, Waukesha, Waupaca, Winnebago, and Wood;
- Listed waters of the following counties: (White)
- Door County – Clarks Lake and Kangaroo Lake;
- Florence County – Halsey Lake;
- Fond du Lac County – Fond du Lac River and Lake Winnebago;
- Jackson County – Lake Arbutus;
- Lincoln County - Spirit River Flowage, Wisconsin River from County Highway A downstream, including sloughs, bayous and flowages except Lake Mohawksin;
- Marathon County - Big Eau Pleine Flowage upstream to the highway 153 bridge, Lake Dubay and its tributaries west of Interstate Highway 39, and the Wisconsin River (including all other sloughs, bayous and flowages and their tributaries upstream to the first highway bridge);
- Marquette County – Buffalo Lake, Mason Lake, and the Fox River (downstream from Buffalo Lake);
- Oneida County – Columbus Lake, Rainbow Flowage, Sugar Camp Lake, Thunder Lake, and Willow Flowage;
- Sawyer County – Chetac Lake, Grindstone Lake, Lac Court Oreilles, Nelson Lake, Round Lake, Whitefish Lake, and Windigo Lake;
- Sheboygan County - Sheboygan Marsh (including Sheboygan Lake and its tributaries upstream to the first road crossing);
- Washington County - Big Cedar Lake and Pike Lake;
- Waushara County – Lake Poygan and the Fox River;
- All other inland waters not listed above: Trolling is allowed with 1 hook, bait or lure per angler (and 2 hooks, baits or lures maximum per boat).
- Wisconsin-Michigan boundary waters, except Vilas County boundary waters, where motor trolling allowed with only 1 line per angler;
- All Wisconsin-Minnesota boundary waters;
- Mississippi River
- Lake Michigan
- Lake Superior
Tech & Tackle Blog promotes Catch & Release of all Muskies!
See you on the water! Pops
See you on the water! Pops